Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Week 14 A bumby road

August 5, 2013
Dear Family and Friends,
This week was an interesting week.... our two investigators that were going to be baptized this Saturday aren't...but as soon as their concerns and issues are resolved I'm sure they will be.
Sister Blake had a 'bumby road' this week as many lessons fell through, we had many rejections and it was hard to contact people because of the heat. (It was so hot, everyone was hiding indoors, there were very few people on the street during occassions). But I learned so many new things. Sometimes Heavenly Father has to give us a little tougher times to teach us and stretch us. There are somethings that can only be learned when things aren't going smoothly. Heavenly Father knows what is best for us and each situation that we need in order to grow, learn and become the people that He knows we can be.
We started teaching a wonderful girl named Aneta. President Cieleński (our branch president) had a great idea of what he called a 'crash course'. We invited her to meet with us for the next two weeks, three times each week and to keep every commitment that we gave her, including praying, going to church and reading the Book of Mormon, we promised that at the end of these two weeks, she would know for herself that God does exist, and that He loves her. So far she is very willing and has gone to church and kept every commitment so far. She used to believe in God, but now is worried that its all in her head. Aneta is so wonderful, I love teaching her.
For p-day we went biking and that was fun. Poland is beautiful, I love it so much.
Though I lost my planner unfortunately,  it fell out of my bag while biking and I didn't notice till later, which had all my scriptures for this week (and many more things, but I'll find a way to replace them)
In First Nephi it talks about how the greatest and most desirable gift is the Love of God. I agree completly. I'm so grateful to feel His love.
Have a great week everyone and keep smiling! :)
Love,
Siostra Ellis
                                          Local burger joint
Sister Blake picking up Sister Ellis at train station on first day together 
                                       Biking around Wroclaw on P-day

No comments:

Post a Comment