Monday, May 13, 2013

Week 2

May 10, 2013
Drogi Rodzine (Dear Family),
The MTC is still great! :) I love it! Sister Ott and I got another companion this week! so something I forgot to mention last week.... the Polish sisters bedroom-wise were split up, 4 of them in one room, Sister Ott and I alone in the other. But this Wednesday Sister Paxton joined us. She is a 'Solo Sister', the only sister going to Bulgaria. She is from Iowa and just turned 20 in March. She is so kind and loving, I love having her around! :) Still trying to figure out how the companionship works with her being a Solo Sister, but we're figuring it out. My district is amazing! They have been such a support and strength to me! Both the Sisters and Elders are such great examples and are dedicated, which is so wonderful.
The language can honestly get overwhelming at times, its true that it is a hard language, but I think I think I'm doing great for only being here for 10(+/-) days.... I have now taught 4 lessons, all in Polish and the 'progessing investigator' agreed to be baptized in three weeks, if he feels ready by that time. The investigator is actually one of our teachers, but he didn't teach us till right before our last discussion, and he only taught us then because of a miscommunication of schedules. He is hilarious! As an investigator, his name is Oleck, his real name is Brother Tribe, or 'Brot Tribe' in Polski (Polish). He is so funny and fun, the way he teaches just keeps everyone focused and entertained, and the best part.... not stressing out about the language.
I love when you hand-write me letters/dearelder, I can only read e-mail once a week, but the other letters I can read whenever they get here, which I like ;)
Love you! Koham!
Siostra Ellis

No comments:

Post a Comment