Monday, October 21, 2013

Week 24 Life - a time of learning

October 21, 2013
This week went well and I love being a missionary! It is such an honor to represent my Savior Jesus Christ and to be an instrument in bringing others closer to Him. 
This week Sister Lenhart and I tried some new things. Sister Lenhart, last transfer had drawn the plan of salvation in sidewalk chalk on the sidewalk, so we decided to do that here. We did it two different times, first time was by the chapel and we drew an arrow at the end pointing towards the door of the chapel, saying 'witam' (welcome). The other time was by a park in a busy area. We sadly didn't have a lot of time to actually teach after drawing it, but it was there for everyone to see and learn from and enjoy until the next time it rained. It was so much fun. Also, during one of the rainstorms Sister Lenhart and I went to an underground tunnel area that connects the tramwaj stops, and Sister Lenhart sang while I contacted. 

This week I've realized how grateful I am to have an eternal perspective and the knowledge of why we're on earth. I like how my companion explains it: "Life on earth is like going to school, we leave our parents for a little bit to learn and to grow and then we return home" Right now we are separated from our Heavenly Parents, but They still want to hear from us. Heavenly Father has given us the gift of prayer, so we can still communicate with Him, despite being separated. He sent His Son, Jesus Christ, to suffer for our sins, pains and to overcome death so that we could have an Advocate, so we could talk to Him in the name of our Savior; and so one day we could return home to Him. Heavenly Father has set up everything perfectly so we can return home in His presence one day, all we need to do is follow our Savior, Jesus Christ. His infinite love can strengthen and uplift us. His love motivates me and comforts me, I know They are both here for all of us, because of everything They help me through on a daily basis. This eternal knowledge not only keeps me going, it brings me joy :) I love my Heavenly Father and I love my Savior Jesus Christ. 

I hope all of you have a great week. 
love, 
Siostra Ellis 

No comments:

Post a Comment